TaKtiX: Todd Rowland

Todd is the Brand Manager for Alderac Entertainment Group

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Origins 200... 6, right?


And so another Origins is upon us. I like Origins more than some people. I like the slightly more laid back atmosphere, the time to spend talking to the customers, etc. It's also the first time I get to see some people since last year too.

However, my favorite thing about Origins is the North Market. This is a wonderful spot of calm in the midst of the chaos. The North Market is an old farmer's market which now contains a multitude of counter service eateries. Everything from deli sandwiches to seafood to Indian and Mexican food is easily and quickly found, and best of all... no one seems to go there. It seems like every year I'm able to get great food in complete peace. Of course, that could have something to do with the random times I can get away from the event hall.

And for some reason, I always end up at the Big Bar on Two. I suppose that's where everyone goes at Origins though.

So what's on tap this Origins? We've got Warlord qualifiers for the World Conquest team, we've got the L5R Defend the Emperor storyline event, draft, sealed, etc. etc. All the good stuff you've come to expect. And prizes... people may have heard of my insane rampage of free prizes last year. I might try to top it this time, though in a more controlled fashion.

Hope a lot of you can make it out to Origins. Please do look me up when you're there and say hi. But not if I'm running around yelling and kicking Bounty Hunters and other AEG Staff. Might be best to wait a few minutes. ;-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is this North Market place? Sounds better than the mall-style food selection.

Monday, June 26, 2006 6:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home