TaKtiX: Todd Rowland

Todd is the Brand Manager for Alderac Entertainment Group

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

It's Epic!


So, the Epic list is online, and I can finally chat a bit about it.

First thing you may notice is the variance in the return of Open Warlords. Some factions got a few, some didn't get any. Now, I'll go on record and say I fought for at minimum one Open returning Warlord for every faction. But in some cases Design out-argued me, so some things like Lady of Mercy edged out Rabinous Zon. Ah well, can't have it all.

Still, the factions are much more interesting now IMO, because they each build to their own strengths. The Freeks have A LOT of really good low-level characters. The Nothrog have few, but their 3rd level and up dish out a lot of beatings. Samope, Donovan, and Brikta can all bring quite a bit of pain in short order.

A lot of "creative thinking" cards came back as well. One near the top of the list is Aphotican. I actually had much fun with him out of Ter-Soth during playtest. Cal Blackborne also has a lot of uses, but I think his best one isn't an offensive spell at all. I'm sure people will find it in short order.

Some cards may seem sorta, "eh" like Dagger. However, Dagger and some other cards only appear in the random section of the Battle Packs. This allows us to give you lots of low level, useful items and actions for the Battle Pack format, but not clutter up the booster pack common slots. It also helps the Battle Pack format to be viable, with few if any dead cards in any Battle Pack.

We of course hope you'll enjoy Epic, but after having played a lot of decks for it already, I think I can say with certainty that you will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Verduros said...

The card that I think you are talking about for Cal Blackborne is Phantom Steed. I think it is noteworthy that you can push back opponents with this card as well.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home