TaKtiX: Todd Rowland

Todd is the Brand Manager for Alderac Entertainment Group

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ah, the RPG


As most of you are aware, the Warlord RPG has been long in coming. For any of you who may not have actually heard the story, here it is in short form:

- Warlord CCG releases.

- Warlord RPG is written, edited, designed for 3.0 format.

- 3.5 format releases.

- Warlord writers slap foreheads.

- Warlord is rewritten to 3.5 format.

- Various issues crop up and are dealt with.

- Books are printed.

And here we are today. Oddly, I still haven't held a copy in my own hands. I guess that's the joy of working out of the office, but from what Mike Leader has told me, they look great. The content is really cool, and I'm not saying that as the salesman, I'm saying that as someone who likes fantasy and RPGs in general. Major thanks go out to Andrew, Laura, Rusty, and all the many MANY people who worked long hard hours on this project.

So what are you going to see... Deverenian houses and all about them, Nothrog Legions and their totems, Brine Fiends, Overlords, Dragon Lords, Medusan Lords, major NPCs like Krun, Uthanak, Slayer, Captain Dukat, and many more. The creation story and the "from then to now" story of the Accordlands is even included, for those who like reading up on history.

Now I just have to convince someone at Borderland Relics here in Mobile to run a campaign...

7 Comments:

Blogger TaKtiX said...

So, it's nearing release then? *is so out of touch it's silly*

I want it just for the background. Although I suspect Laurence will want to run a game or twenty.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:25:00 PM  
Blogger khaiba said...

you forgot the step

- three zillion years pass by


just before the books get printed one

Thursday, May 18, 2006 1:24:00 PM  
Blogger Shakalooloo Doom said...

"I suspect Laurence will want to run a game or twenty."

Aye. It's another of those games where, rather than describing what people look like, I can just show them a card and say 'you meet this guy'.

If I do run it, I suspect that my players may just run screaming as soon as they meet any lizardmen, though. They were certainly fearing for their lives when Daniel Phelts showed up in Deadlands, and should know that SS-SAURTH!!! will be similarly out of their league.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 3:25:00 PM  
Blogger Azraela said...

6/12 is the release date Mat. I can't wait!

Thursday, May 18, 2006 5:22:00 PM  
Blogger Jeremiah Uselton said...

This gives me a good idea. I'd think that there are Gamemasters out there that plan on keeping a story hour log of what goes on in their games. This site could serve as a place for them to post them.

I know its at least a month or so away, but Story Hours anyone?

Thursday, May 18, 2006 5:25:00 PM  
Anonymous MatGB said...

"Story Hours"?

This non-RPGer has no idea what they are...

Thursday, May 18, 2006 6:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jeremiah Uselton said...

Story Hour is term that was coined at www.enworld.org . A Story Hour is a retelling of the in game occurances from a table top game.

However, it might be easier to show an example of a Story Hour rather than try and describe it. Here are links to two of my favorite story hours from enworld.

Sagiro's Story Hour
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=598

Sepulchrave's Story Hour
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=58227

Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home